"Lord of the flies"

Frantic boy. Pastel JF Le Saint

  (ref 111120) 25x35cm Pastel on Pastelmat.
(texte français en dessous)

The animation shows the last three "steps" of this pastel. I think I could have stopped at any time, and I could still go a lot further if I wished. It might not look like much but this represents a breaktrhough for me : I have been struggling for the past 11 months with Panpastels and Sofft tools, trying to find ways to either use them by themselves or achieve a balance between Panpastels and stick pastels. Here I think I have found that balance at long last. It is not an end but a new beginning. It is never an end, there is always a lot to learn, explore and discover. But finding that first step, that new starting point was a real challenge and I have to admit I had thought of giving up only a few days before the breakthough occured.

L'animation montre les trois dernières "étapes" de ce pastel. Je pense que j'aurais pu m'arrêter a tout moment, et je pourrais aller plus loin si je le souhaitais. Ca n'a peut-être pas l'air de grand chose, mais ce pastel représente un grand pas en avant pour moi : en effet cela fait maintenant 11 mois que je lutte avec les Panpastels et les outils Sofft pour trouver des façons de les utiliser seuls ou avec des pastels en bâtons. Ici je pense que j'ai enfin trouvé cet équilibre. Bien entendu ce n'est pas une fin en soi, mais un nouveau départ. Il y a toujours beaucoup à apprendre, à explorer et à découvrir. Toujours est-il que de découvrir ce nouveau départ a été un vrai challenge. J'ai même pensé abandonner quelques jours avant.
sold

No comments:

Post a Comment